Wednesday, June 12, 2013

EFT in Action: A Personal Testimonial

Sometimes, it's even hard for me to believe how quickly EFT works.

For example, yesterday morning was frustrating for me. I do not have childcare on Tuesday mornings, but there was a meeting I wanted to attend. It was foolish of me to think that it was reasonable to expect a 22 month old to cooperate with my schedule, much less enjoy going to an adult meeting, but sometimes I have unreasonable expectations. Needless to say, about a half hour before the meeting time it was clear that we weren't leaving the house, and I had strong feelings about that. (Unreasonable expectations have that effect.)

I felt myself getting caught up in these emotions, despite the reasonable half of my brain trying to talk me out of it. I did not want to let my emotional reaction carry me away, which would ruin my morning with my son. So, I took a couple of minutes and did a round of EFT. And it worked.

After only one round of tapping, my anxiety and stress about missing the meeting had reduced enough so that I could think clearly, realize that missing the meeting was not a big deal, and decide what to do next. I was calmer, happier, and better able to take care of my son--and my self. All this after only one round of EFT tapping.

EFT works, and it works fast. If you'd like to learn how to use this technique to help you quickly diffuse strong emotions, please contact me at www.mindbodyglobal.com. I look forward to talking with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment